In order to follow an internship or work in the U.S., you need a J-1 visa. It is important that this is done professionally because each visa application is different. Stage-USA is a certified company for issuing and processing the DS-2019 form together with partners in the U.S. We also work together with the U.S. embassies and consulates in Europe.
What you can expect from Stage-USA
- Professional guidance on putting together your personal documents
- We take the work from you and your host company. Stage-USA informs and maintains contact with the company in order to complete the process as quickly as possible.
- The right sponsor choice: There are dozens of sponsor organizations in the U.S., each organization can only provide specific DS 2019 forms for specific fields. Each sponsor also has their own rules / guidelines. Stage-USA is a registered partner of multiple adequate sponsor organizations in order to cover almost all fields/industries. Through a personal interview between you and Stage-USA, we can determine what sponsor suits your program best.
- Your visa will be processed according to normal procedure within 6-8 weeks. A quick procedure is possible for an extra fee.
- We assist you with making an appointment to the consulate.
- Personal counselling
- You may always contact us with any questions about your visa before or during your stay.
- We provide an interim and final evaluation. In addition, we can provide any feedback regarding your training.
- We offer the possibility to extend your visa; certain conditions apply. Please contact the team of Stage-USA via email@example.com
- We offer assistance in finding appropriate housing in the U.S.
- You will receive a free U.S. SIM card along with a Practical Guide for America.
The J-1 visa is not a regular work visa, but an internship / traineeship visa. An important part of a J-1 visa is a detailed training plan in standard format. This plan will be drawn up in consultation with the company. With a J-1 visa, one can apply for a U.S. social security number. With this number, the intern / trainee can receive salary.
Due to changes in the J-1 program in 2007, it has become difficult to follow an internship/ traineeship at a relatively small company. These employers first get a visit from the visa organization before the visa application can be approved. Furthermore, employers have to provide more information than before.
If you have any questions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling +31 20 68 23 026.
This internship is at a travel agency in Manhattan Beach, Los Angeles (that, among others, works with…zoom
Front Desk Position
Experience the day to day operations of a full-service hotel in St. Louis and gain a valuable insight…zoom
Sports Marketing & Events
During this internship at an Event Company in the Sports Business in Portsmouth (NH), you will gain…zoom
I am very happy with the support I have received from Stage-USA. All the paperwork and administration…Score 5/5
Tourism & Management
I am halfway my internship now and I enjoy it very much. The tasks and duties I have to do are interesting…Score 4/5
The internship is going great. It took me a little time to adapt to the culture, weather and habits.…Score 5/5
At Stage-USA we work with people from all over the world that want to experience an adventure abroad.…zoom
How to get settled in a new city
If you decide to go abroad for a few months and have to get settled in a new city, there is probably…zoom
Have a great 4th!
Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday in America to…zoom