In order to follow an internship or work in the U.S., you need a J-1 visa. It is important that this is done professionally because each visa application is different. Stage-USA is a certified company for issuing and processing the DS-2019 form together with partners in the U.S. We also work together with the U.S. embassies and consulates in Europe.
What you can expect from Stage-USA
- Professional guidance on putting together your personal documents
- We take the work from you and your host company. Stage-USA informs and maintains contact with the company in order to complete the process as quickly as possible.
- The right sponsor choice: There are dozens of sponsor organizations in the U.S., each organization can only provide specific DS 2019 forms for specific fields. Each sponsor also has their own rules / guidelines. Stage-USA is a registered partner of multiple adequate sponsor organizations in order to cover almost all fields/industries. Through a personal interview between you and Stage-USA, we can determine what sponsor suits your program best.
- Your visa will be processed according to normal procedure within 6-8 weeks. A quick procedure is possible for an extra fee.
- We assist you with making an appointment to the consulate.
- Personal counselling
- You may always contact us with any questions about your visa before or during your stay.
- We provide an interim and final evaluation. In addition, we can provide any feedback regarding your training.
- We offer the possibility to extend your visa; certain conditions apply. Please contact the team of Stage-USA via email@example.com
- We offer assistance in finding appropriate housing in the U.S.
- You will receive a free U.S. SIM card along with a Practical Guide for America.
The J-1 visa is not a regular work visa, but an internship / traineeship visa. An important part of a J-1 visa is a detailed training plan in standard format. This plan will be drawn up in consultation with the company. With a J-1 visa, one can apply for a U.S. social security number. With this number, the intern / trainee can receive salary.
Due to changes in the J-1 program in 2007, it has become difficult to follow an internship/ traineeship at a relatively small company. These employers first get a visit from the visa organization before the visa application can be approved. Furthermore, employers have to provide more information than before.
If you have any questions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling +31 20 68 23 026.
Fashion & Design, New York
This internship at a fashion company is the perfect start for pursuing a career in the field of Fashion…zoom
Fashion & Art, New York
During this internship you will assist the art department with a variety of daily tasks as well as assisting…zoom
Summer-internship Marketing & Social Media
This internship takes place in a classic & timeless company. You will get a high level of responsibility,…zoom
Commercial Economics/Marketing Internship and J-1 Visa Application
16th of December 2013 - Overall, how do you feel your internship went?Overall I have a very good feeling…Score 4/5
Internship in an educational Museum
5th of December 2013- I am very happy with how things are going so far. The people at my internship…Score 5/5
Business Administration & Marketing Internship
25th of November 2013 - My internship is going great and i am feeling good! I am following the tasks…Score 4/5
Stage USA moved to Amsterdam!
It's time for a fresh start! Over the holidays we have moved from Deventer to Amsterdam.…zoom
Today, the fourth Thursday in November, the American holiday known as Thanksgiving is celebrated. All…zoom
Upscale Wine Bar in an Airport?
Thats right, New York’s LaGuardia airport has recently opened a swanky new wine bar. While…zoom