In order to follow an internship or work in the U.S., you need a J-1 visa. It is important that this is done professionally because each visa application is different. Stage-USA is a certified company for issuing and processing the DS-2019 form together with partners in the U.S. We also work together with the U.S. embassies and consulates in Europe.
Found an internship or traineeship yourself? Apply here for your J-1 visa:
If you’ve found a suitable internship or traineeship in the US, Stage-USA can help with your J-1 Intern visa or J-1 Trainee visa application. The entire visa process, from start to finish, is 6-8 weeks on average. We can also offer a quicker turnaround service for an additional charge.
In addition to the J-1 visa application, we can also assist with finding you suitable accommodation. Fill out an application to schedule a free, no obligation interview with us over Skype so we can determine if your J-1 visa application is feasible and can begin the process right away.
What you can expect from Stage-USA
- Professional guidance on putting together your personal documents
- We take the work from you and your host company. Stage-USA informs and maintains contact with the company in order to complete the process as quickly as possible.
- The right sponsor choice: There are dozens of sponsor organizations in the U.S., each organization can only provide specific DS 2019 forms for specific fields. Each sponsor also has their own rules / guidelines. Stage-USA is a registered partner of multiple adequate sponsor organizations in order to cover almost all fields/industries. Through a personal interview between you and Stage-USA, we can determine what sponsor suits your program best.
- Your visa will be processed according to normal procedure within 6-8 weeks. A quick procedure is possible for an extra fee.
- We assist you with making an appointment to the consulate.
- Personal counselling
- You may always contact us with any questions about your visa before or during your stay.
- We provide an interim and final evaluation. In addition, we can provide any feedback regarding your training.
- We offer the possibility to extend your visa; certain conditions apply. Please contact the team of Stage-USA via email@example.com
- We offer assistance in finding appropriate housing in the U.S.
- You will receive a free U.S. SIM card along with a Practical Guide for America.
The J-1 visa is not a regular work visa, but an internship / traineeship visa. An important part of a J-1 visa is a detailed training plan in standard format. This plan will be drawn up in consultation with the company. With a J-1 visa, one can apply for a U.S. social security number. With this number, the intern / trainee can receive salary.
Due to changes in the J-1 program in 2007, it has become difficult to follow an internship/ traineeship at a relatively small company. These employers first get a visit from the visa organization before the visa application can be approved. Furthermore, employers have to provide more information than before.
If you have any questions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling +31 20 68 23 026.
Interested in Web design?! Would you like to go to New York? We have an amazing traineeship starting…zoom
Tourism Management Traineeship
Interested in Tourism management? Is your dream to go to Florida? We have 4 challenging traineeships…zoom
A tour operator which provides various types of travel experience for visitors to North America and…zoom
J-1 Visa Sarah Menszoom
July 29, 2016: The internship is great! I’ve been learning a lot in a short period, I’m…Score 4/5
J-1 Visa Marianne Szwarczoom
August 22, 2016: How satisfied are you with the level of support you have received from our visa…Score 5/5
J-1 Visa Celine van Tongerenzoom
July 26, 2016 I was very satisfied with the level of support I received from the visa service. I always…Score 5/5
Sinead recently joined our a team here in Amsterdam as our Placement support.We are excited to have…zoom
Independence day, also known as the 4th of July, is a federal holiday in commemoration of the independence…zoom
Your Guide to the Everglades
Stage-USA sends students and young professionals all over the most interesting parts of the US. Besides…zoom